Good morning, afternoon, evening, and goodnight from the bathroom floor. After my experiences today, I realized the profound impact that something has on your life. That thing is music. Yes, you hear everyone say it. "If you listen to sad music you're sad." "You're not helping it." Honestly, I just get more annoyed if I'm listening to Pocketful of Sunshine. (Don't get me wrong it's a good song just not when I'm pissed off.)
Since my sophomore year of high school (at present a senior), I've got into my car and immediately started listening to Pushing it Down and Praying by Lizzy McAlpine at 8 in the morning and expected to have a good day. Now come on. I wasn't doing myself any favors. And with Phoebe dropping Lost Weekend right before senior year, it's quite literally been my top album since it came out.
Lowk me every morning
After having a series of rather awful days, I decided to be "hype" today. I got in my little fishbowl of a car and I turned on the song Dance Yrself Clean by LCD Soundsystem. I'd heard it on TikTok and was really vibing to it so I gave it a shot. I hit the repeat button and drove to go pick up my best friend. Was my car shaking a bit with how high I had it turned up? Yes. But I was also significantly more excited for the day than normal. All of ceramics class: listening to Dance Yrself Clean. Telling my ceramics teacher, who normally tells me to stop being a Debbie Downer, to "Dance it out." I was so positive it made me nauseous. But it was also kind of fun.
My last class of the day was kind of a bummer for me. My immediate reaction was I must listen to Lost Weekend Reprise on repeat. That'll make it all better. WRONG. Guess what I turned on. Dance Yrself Clean. And instead of crying when I got home and feeling sorry for myself, I made pasta and watched the Great Pottery Throwdown. Life actually isn't that bad. I'll probably take that back in a day but that's besides the point. Yes the sad music is comforting. Yes it sounds so good. But happiness actually feels pretty good too, if not better. Find yourself a song that you feel good about. I call it my bumpin' song. Since it makes me wanna dance as someone who literally has never busted a move in her life.
Well that's my two cents for today. You've been great. And tip your waitress. Just kidding, there is no waitress.
No comments:
Post a Comment